Friday, July 25, 2008

A conversation

Kate has a good friend Andrew.  They have seen each other at least once a week since they were six months old.  They play pirates, dress up, and babies.  When they are together they disappear into the bedroom , close the door and are not heard from for at least an hour or until they are hungry or need help with a costume.  Andrew recently returned from a 10 day vacation with his family.  We went to his house the day after they got home and this is the conversation that Andrew's mom, Debi, and I overheard.

Andrew:  Kate, you are my friend.
Kate:  You are my friend too, Andrew.
Andrew:  Kate, I love you.
Kate: I love you too, Andrew.

Debi and I about cried at the sweetness of the exchange.  It is just amazing to think that a four year old can express love and friendship.

No comments: