Monday, February 16, 2009

Kate Funnies

Kate is really experimenting with her vocabulary.  Here are a few of my recent favorites.

Upon walking into a restaurant where the TV was on in the bar and showing the basketball game.  "Daddy is going to be very pleased when he sees the TV and the sports."

While having dinner with some friends.  "Look at that coincidence Mama, there are three boys and three girls.  What a coincidence."

Discussing the unlocked gate.  "One gate includes a key but the other does not include a key."

Getting her Kindergarten shots.  "This is not fair.  This is not fair.  You cannot give me a shot."  This was said through hysterical screaming.

1 comment:

Paisley Blank said...

While babysitting Kate and Ben on Saturday,I also experienced a couple of 'Kate Funnies:'
1) Approaching the finish line while riding her razor scooter around the driveway on a faux race track made of chalk, Kate told me that I needed to, 'Pronounce the winner of the race.' And when I wasn't getting to the finish line quickly enough, she said, 'pronounce it, pronounce it!'

2) We played a game called, 'Baking Cookies' that is very similar to 'Old Maid' in that if you draw the 'rotten egg' card you have to return all of your cooking ingredients and start over in creating your recipe. After about the fifth time I drew the 'rotten egg,' Kate told me that, 'maybe God wanted me to lose' and the sincerity of her tone was the best part...