Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Shopping list

Kate is on the cusp of reading.  She is learning the sounds and is working on stringing them together.  She loves to write and got very excited the other day when she made our shopping list for Costco.  She is learning the difference between capital and lower case and is still working it all out.  That is coffee at the bottom which we buy in bulk...we have to stay awake somehow!!!

3 comments:

LRM said...

Isn't it exciting? I love watching the realization start to dawn.

So, I got coffee...but what's ARVIT?

Hope you guys are starting to feel better.

Adrienne said...

That is so fun!! She is on her way. I keep telling Emma, and remembering myself, how exciting the world is when reading opens it up! I also love how the interest in letters, spelling, sounds and all the writing that follows just starts all of a sudden.

Nana said...

Kate,

What a great job! I am looking forward to you writing letters to me. You are going to be a great help to mommy helping her with the shopping list. Love you. Nana