Sunday, October 4, 2009

We are back!!!

The start of the school year has been a bit crazy for us! Kate started Kindergarten at the neighborhood school, Ben started preschool at the JCC, Jesse turned in his tenure file, and I am mostly done with my thesis as well as spending two days a week at Children's Hospital of Orange County for my internship. Plus, we all got sick the first week of school..just to start the school year off right. Then our computer died!! We tried to fix it but was just not in the cards. So now that we have new computer postings will be a little more frequent.
This is Kate's first year on a big girl soccer team and she loves it! It has been fun seeing her become more confident on the field and last week she even scored her first goal. She is extremely proud of her team and could not wait to wear her uniform for her first game. She also chose the most awesome gold cleats luckily they match her uniform quite well.
Here are Kate and Ben on the first day of school. Ben was so excited about his backpack. Kate decided to wear a skirt on the first day as she thought "it was only polite to wear a skirt on the first day." Her teacher is also the "best teacher I have had in my entire life." Ben has been a little slow to warm up to school. He naps there on the Monday and Wednesday which has been a big change for him. When I picked him up on his first full day I asked him how it went and he replied "I sit criss-cross applesauce, I be butterfly, and I cry." He is no longer crying which is a step in the right direction. He takes Monkey everyday and he has wonderful teachers that accept that he needs Monkey to get through his transition.
Here are Kate and Ben modeling their new backpacks. Kate the science girl chose one with the solar system and Ben, of course, chose a truck backpack.


No comments: